Let's Pray for our Country

Source: | |

Please join me in prayer for our beloved country.

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #191

2 Chronicles 7:14

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

Scarlett_Says #285

From our National Prayer team email:

Pray selected verses from Psalm 35, remembering that David’s motive for his earnest appeal to God was not personal vengeance, but rather asking God to execute His righteous justice. Verse 24 reads, “Judge me, O Lord my God, according to Your righteousness . . .” David understood the covenant promise that the battle belongs to the Lord.

From The Message
    Verses 9-10: “But let [Ted and staff] run loose and free, celebrating God’s great work, Every bone in [their] bod[ies] laughing, singing, “God, there’s no one like you. You put the down-and-out on their feet and protect the unprotected from bullies!””

Verse 4: “When those [out to trap Ted] try to knife [him] in the back, make [him] look foolish. Frustrate all those who are plotting [his] downfall.”

Verse 19: “Don’t let these liars, [plotting for Ted’s downfall], have a party at [his] expense, Those who hate [him] for no reason, winking and rolling their eyes.”

Verses 18 and 28: “[We the Prayer Team, Ted and Heidi, and the entire campaign staff] will give you full credit when everyone gathers for worship; When the people turn out in force [we] will say [our] Hallelujahs. . . . [We’ll] tell the world how great and good you are, [We’ll] shout Hallelujah all day, every day.”

FReeper formerly known as Brothers4thID

Victoria #288

This is my first post on The Conservative Circle from the word press thingy we were using. I changed my name from word press. How do I put a graphic picture next to my name?

Praying for our country is a good place to start on TCC and SECOND (not 2) Chronicles 7:14, would save this country but I think we have lost our identity as a religious country. I am so old, likely the oldest so far on this new website, I can remember when the majority of people were Christians and one could trust most people – it is not that way today.

I pray this prayer now: “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

ConservativeGranny #299

I’m going to try and memorize the 2nd Chronicles verse to use in my prayers. I really like that verse and it gives me hope right now.

The way I added a picture to my profile was to first open an account at WordPress. Then I signed up for http://en.gravatar.com/ and uploaded a picture.

It associates your email address with your chosen image on social media sites like this one.

Could someone tell me more about this National Prayer Team that Ted Cruz has?

slhancock1948 #307

I’ve been studying Daniel in order to teach it. Daniel Chapter 9 is an excellent prayer for a wayward country. It has all the needed elements of contrition and humility
    and asking God’s forgiveness.

3 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:

4 And I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;

5 We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:

6 Neither have we hearkened unto thy servants the prophets, which spake in thy name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.

7 O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.

8 O Lord, to us belongeth confusion of face, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers, because we have sinned against thee.

9 To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;

10 Neither have we obeyed the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.

11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

12 And he hath confirmed his words, which he spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil: for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem.

13 As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the Lord our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

14 Therefore hath the Lord watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the Lord our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.

15 And now, O Lord our God, that hast brought thy people forth out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renown, as at this day; we have sinned, we have done wickedly.

16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.

17 Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord’s sake.

18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.

19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

I am moved by this every time I read it. Our land is becoming desolate, desecrated, and our cities destroyed. Not only that, but the fact that over 1000 mosques have been built and some former churches are being used as mosques is just heartbreaking. We are under judgment for legalizing abortion and same sex marriage. Now the door is open to every other kind of perversion, many of them already waiting in the courts for a result. If righteous Daniel needed to pray, that puts the rest of us right behind him…maybe before hem in need.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

slhancock1948 #310

I tried to get my pic added to my profile, but it did not work…not really fond of the one they gave me!

slhancock1948 #312

I’m also interested in joining the Ted Cruz prayer team..How do I do that?

Victoria #319

slhancock1948, you said: “I’m also interested in joining the Ted Cruz prayer team..How do I do that?”

Here is the link:
    https://www.tedcruz.org/pray/

Scarlett_Says #333

I see Victoria beat me to it.

We have a conference call every Tuesday morning. (Well, morning for me here in Washington, I think it is noon Eastern time)

This morning there was a preacher from Ireland. He’s passed his citizenship test but has not yet been sworn in as an American. He was very nice to listen to.

FReeper formerly known as Brothers4thID

slhancock1948 #351

Found it! Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.