Lindsey Graham pleads with John Kasich to get out of the race so that Ted Cruz..

Source: Daily Mail | March 20, 2016 | Nikki Schwab

Lindsey Graham pleads with John Kasich to get out of the race so that Ted Cruz can take out Donald Trump

Sen. Lindsey Graham already held his nose and said he would be supporting Sen. Ted Cruz going forward, but this morning took things a step forward by pleading with Ohio Gov. John Kasich to get out so that Cruz can take out frontrunner Donald Trump more easily.

‘And I hope John Kasich is listening,’ Graham said this morning on Face the Nation. ‘John, if I thought you would win, I’d be behind you, because you are the most electable candidate.’ 

Graham called on Kasich, who is in third place of the three remaining GOP candidates, to work with Cruz to deny Trump the 1,237 delegates needed to clinch the nomination outright.

‘And if you’re not willing to work with Ted, then you’re hurting the cause,’ Graham said. ‘By Kasich going to Utah, you’re making it harder for Ted to get 50 percent.’

….

‘The bottom line is, I believe that Donald Trump would be an absolute, utter disaster for the Republican Party, destroy conservatism as we know it, we would get wiped out, and it would take generations to overcome a Trump candidacy,’ Graham said. 

‘Ronald Reagan had a three-legged stool of conservatism: fiscal, social and strong national security,’ Graham continued. 

‘Donald has a four-legged stool ’cause he’s “The Donald,” it’s got to be bigger: Economic populism, xenophobia, race-baiting and religious bigotry are the stools that he has formed,’ Graham said. 

‘That is his campaign, that is not conservatism,’ the senator added.

Graham, despite signing the Republican National Committee’s pledge to support the GOP nominee, hinted that he might buck the pledge if that nominee is Trump. 

‘Ask me after the convention that question, but I’m making it pretty clear to you that I think Mr. Trump destroys the party that I love – and as much as a I disagree with Ted Cruz, I think he’s a real Republican, he would nominate conservative judges, he will not sell Israel out, he’s a reliable Republican conservative,’ Graham explained.  

‘Mr. Trump is an interloper and … a demagogue of the greatest proportion,’ Graham said . 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #2915

John Kasich, please do the right thing for the country.

Get out of the race!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.