Listen: Exclusive: 'Get Over' it? Cruz Responds to Kasich on Religious Liberty

Source: Conservative Review | 18 Apr 16 | Nate Madden

Despite suggestions to the contrary, Americans are not willing to “get over” attacks to their religious liberty, Texas Senator and Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz said in an interview with CR.

“I don’t think the American people are willing to get over our basic liberties. We fought a bloody revolution to protect our religious liberty,” Cruz explained. “This nation was founded by men and women fleeing religious oppression, and seeking a land where every one of us could seek out and worship God almighty with all of our hearts, minds and souls, free of the government getting in the way.”

The statement was in response to comments made yesterday by Ohio Governor and fellow Republican candidate John Kasich said that people who favor state-level legislation similar to the federal 1993 Religious Freedom Restoration Act should stop trying to allow people to abstain from activities contradictory to their faith.

“What I’d like to say is, just relax,” said Kasich on CNN. “If you don’t like what somebody’s doing, pray for them, and if you feel as though somebody is doing something wrong against you, can you just for a second get over it? You know?”

MORE: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • ConstitutionalConservative #4715

Kasich is a very slow learner… Your Not In Rino Land Anymore!

slhancock1948 #4720

Sorry! I didn’t see your article posted before I posted mine! 😉

Shery

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Consistent #4747

rgintn #4774

so when Christians are jailed for practicing Christianity kasich will tell them to get over it???

the cultural marxists aren’t nice live and let live freedom lovers. Just as Kentucky clerk Kim Davis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.