Lou Dobbs says he would be excited for Jim Jordan as House speaker,..

Source: The Hill | February 17, 2022 | Caroline Vakil

Lou Dobbs says he would be excited for Jim Jordan as House speaker, calls McCarthy a ‘RINO’

Former Fox Business host Lou Dobbs said he would be excited for Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) to become the House Speaker in the event that Republicans take back the lower chamber following the 2022 midterm elections. In an episode of Rep. Matt Gaetz’s (R-Fla.) podcast released on Thursday, Dobbs called House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) a “RINO,” or “Republican In Name Only.”

“…It’s a shame in my opinion that Kevin McCarthy wants to be Speaker when the Republicans win in November. It’s outrageous. He is too much of a — I’ll be kind, if not RINO, a middle-of-the-roader. I personally believe him to be outright, a RINO,” Dobbs told Gaetz on his “Firebrand with Matt Gaetz” podcast.  

“And the party needs strength. It needs vision. It needs energy, vibrancy and new blood in leadership. It’s that simple.”

Gaetz asked Dobbs if he could be excited about Jordan taking the gavel. 

“You bet I could be excited about Jim Jordan as you well know,” Dobbs said. “I, you know, I think highly of him. I think highly of you. I think you should be in there as well. I really believe that the brightest, hardest working conservative leaders we have in the House should be leading the House, and I believe most of the members would agree with me on that.”

In an episode of Gaetz’s podcast that aired in November, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) said she did not believe that McCarthy had the votes to become House Speaker.

“We know that Kevin McCarthy has a problem in our conference. He doesn’t have the full support to be Speaker,” Greene said in an episode of the “Firebrand with Matt Gaetz” podcast.

“He doesn’t have the votes that are there, because there’s many of us that are very unhappy about the failure to hold Republicans accountable, while conservatives like me, Paul Gosar, and many others just constantly take the abuse by the Democrats. The American people aren’t going to have it,” she continued. 

However, it is not clear if Jordan is even considering a challenge against McCarthy should the GOP retake the House majority. 

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.