Marjorie Taylor Greene expressed support on Facebook for violence against Democrats

Source: The Hill | January 26, 2021 | Jordan Williams

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) expressed support for violence against Democrats before running for Congress, according to a CNN KFile investigation of posts and comments from the congresswoman’s Facebook page.

Greene frequently endorsed far-right conspiracy theories on the page between 2018 and 2019 via likes, posts and livestreams, CNN found.

In her run for Congress, Greene became publicly known for her support of the QAnon theory, which alleges that former President Donald Trump is working to take down a cabal of Democrats and celebrities who abuse children. She backed off her support of the theory at some point in her election bid.

In a post from January 2019, Greene liked a comment which said “a bullet to the head would be quicker” to remove House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

In another post from April 2018 about the Iran Deal, a commenter asked “Now do we get to hang them? Meaning H&O?,” in reference to former President Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Greene replied “Stage is being set. Players are being put in place. We must be patient. This must be done perfectly or liberal judges would let them off.”

CNN’s KFILE also found a speech she gave promoting a White House petition she created in January 2019 to impeach Pelosi over her support of “sanctuary policies” and not supporting Trump’s border wall.

In another livestream from inside Pelosi’s office in February 2019, Greene suggests Pelosi will “suffer death or she’ll be in prison” for “treason.” She said in another broadcast later that day that Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) was “just as guilty of treason as Nancy Pelosi.”

In response to the CNN investigation, Greene posted to her Twitter “Fake News CNN is writing yet another hit piece on me focused on my time before running for political office.”

“Over the years, I’ve had teams of my people manage my pages. Most posts have been liked. Many posts have been shared. Some did not represent my views.”

……..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.