Mark Levin: I won't back Trump in the general

Source: Politico | April 8, 2016 | Hanna Trudo

The #NeverTrump movement just got another backer.

Conservative radio host Mark Levin threatened on Friday that he will not support Donald Trump in the general election, should he be the nominee.

Levin, a strong supporter of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, said that Trump’s allies had made the billionaire Republican front-runner toxic.

“As a result of what the Trump supporters have attempted here, particularly Roger Stone, I am not voting for Donald Trump. Period,” Levin said.

….

“So I want to congratulate Roger Stone,” Levin said. “And if anybody has a problem with that Donald Trump, you can talk to Roger Stone. These bully dirty tricks Nixonian tactics, they’re only going to backfire. So count me as never Trump.”

….

“Some point you’ve got to stand up to it … I do not like bullies and I never have,” Levin said before adding that if the campaign and its associates anger him again he will try his best to get supporters to abandon him.

“If they piss me off one more time, I’m going to urge millions and millions of you, should he get the nomination, not to vote for him either,” he said.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #4137

rodamala #4143

I cringe when TGO says “one more time”, or, as he did on Friday and speak of being “an inch” away (from something).

I have loved Mark’s show for a very very long time… he filled a void in the NYC market, and so often reminds me of the dearly missed Bob Grant, a true giant in the talk-radio industry (Rush, Hannity, Beck, Levin, even Savage and leftist hosts (whoever they may be… I don’t listen to leftists) owe Grant, bigtime.

Still, Levin needs to find that “inch”, needs to find his inner Bob Grant and just call it for what it is, take a high road, pay zero mind the chatter and fluff…

One of these days I want to hear Mark say to some GOP establishment type that calls in to talk in circles and avoid blame for their shortcomings, “Get off my phone, you SCUMBAG!”

ConstitutionalConservative #4145

Just three days ago Mark was admonishing folks who are part of the #NeverTrump movement for affirming they would never vote for Trump if he won the Primary. I vehemently disagreed with him and commented extensively at The Right Scoop as to why.
    The disagreement, condemnation and disappointment with his remarks at TRS was near 100% most exceptions were the Trump trolls. Mark reads and is highly respected at TRS and remains so, but they were doing what conservatives are suppose to do with any prominent influential conservative or anyone claiming to be conservative, holding his feet to the fire.

The next day, yesterday Mark came out and said he was now a supporter of the #NeverTrump movement after he and others were falsely accused by Trump surrogates. I commend Mark for his rapid turn around but am still confounded by his initial reasoning that Trump is better than Hillary and a Vote for Trump is vote for Hillary. This is not so Trump and Hillary are different sides of the same coin, when you flip it the coin will come up either Heads You Lose or Tails You Lose. There is no better Hillary and no better Trump, except for the brainwashed and blind, what you see is what you get.
    I will vote writing in Cruz if it comes down to that and I am not convinced a write-in candidacy won’t work just because it never has before. The restoration of our Republic hangs in the balance, from my perspective this is the last chance for a peaceful restoration.

I suspect when Cruz takes the WH there will be times, expectantly very few times when he will disappoint; that is inevitable but it is our responsibility to let him know we are paying attention and unlike most other politicians I believe he will appreciate that and respond accordingly as this is what true conservatives do; the standards are high and Cruz meets (I think exceeds) those standards.

rodamala #4146

Agree with all points 100%, CC.

The thing is, while Levin is influencial, he is not leading some movement. As much as he pushes for an Article V convention of states, he is not a leader to make it happen, it is up to a leader or group of leaders to take the torch in hand and forge a path.

I do look forward to Cruz, acting as a leader that this nation has not had in many many years, and moving swiftly on executing the business of the nation, while setting the tone for Congress to really get it’s feces in rectilinear fashion starting on Day 1.

The Republic hangs in the balance.

SteveFrench #4148

Rod,

Everything I learned about loving talk radio I learned from listening to Bob Grant and Jean Shepard.

I also loved a guy named Irv Homer out of Philly.

A lot of the peeps on the air today can’t hold a candle to Bob Grant or Jean Shepard, IMHO.

CA Surveyor #4149

Savage is a giant Caca mouth fool.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.