Mark Steyn responds to firing by CRTV

Source: WND | March 5, 2017 |

Conservative star let go after 1 month on new network

There are strange goings on at CRTV, the new “conservative” online television network built largely around the personality of talk-show host Mark Levin.

A new show by Canadian conservative writer and talker Mark Steyn launched only a month ago has been summarily dropped without explanation, leaving Steyn bewildered.

“This has been a stunning and sobering week for me, with nothing quite like it before in my professional life,” he mused on his website this weekend. “Many viewers of ‘The Mark Steyn Show’ have asked me to write my account of what really happened. To be honest, I’ve found it easier addressing Trump’s joint address and the Obamas’ book deal and immigrant terrorists and immigrant gangs and almost any other subject – which is why I’ll be back on the telly next week, rather than sitting around the house getting slumped in despair.”

Steyn went on to say he has not fully processed what happened and it’s a matter of legal dispute.

Earlier last week, Steyn tweeted that neither he nor his production firm had been paid by Conservative Review, the business that owns CRTV.

“CRTV’s contract with Mark Steyn Enterprises has ended, and we will no longer be carrying the Mark Steyn Show,” a statement for Conservative Review reads. “CRTV wishes Mr. Steyn and his team the best in their future endeavors.”

But that’s not how Steyn sees it.

“Actually, the contract is up on June 30th 2021. So @CRTV gave me 4 1/2 yrs notice,” he tweeted. “(But no severance.)”

…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #14099

Consistent #14100

Consistent #14101

slhancock1948 #14137

One has to wonder what happened. I love Mark Steyn. A great wit and sense of humor. Maybe his humor was not appreciated by all. Waiting to see how this plays out.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Dom Ruinart #14139

Steyn must be hell to work with. He left National Review, now gets dumped by CRTV.

He’s funny, but he’s fully in the tank for Trump. So this is a good thing, ASFAIC.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.