Maryland GOP governor casts write-in vote for Ronald Reagan

Source: The Hill | October 16, 2020 | Cameron Jenkins

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) cast his vote for former President Ronald Reagan in this year’s election, according to the Washington Post.

Hogan told the Post that he wrote in the late president after making the decision that he could not support President Trump or Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

Hogan said that he decided to write in Reagan on his ballot to make a statement and felt that it was justified in his state, where Biden led in a recent poll by about 30 percent, the Post reported.

“I know it’s simply symbolic. It’s not going to change the outcome in my state. But I thought it was important to just cast a vote that showed the kind of person I’d like to see in office,” Hogan told the Post.

It’s not the first time Hogan has made a statement with his presidential vote. In 2016 he wrote in his father, Larry Hogan Sr., noting that he could not support Trump or then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, the Post reported.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #43762

EVERYDAY #43768

I respect the Governor’s decision; I wrote in Ted Cruz in 2016 and was going to write in someone this year. But I realized that a stronger action is needed. By voting Democrat I will really be doing my part to rid us of an evil, incompetent president and his GOP supporters and enablers. It really is a matter of life or death.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.