McConnell on Burisma, Biden probe: 'I think it's worth taking a look at'

Source: The Hill | March 6, 2020 | Jordain Carney

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is signaling potential support for a probe into former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden and Ukrainian gas company Burisma Holdings.

“I think it’s worth taking a look at,” McConnell told Fox News during an interview on Thursday night when asked about concerns that the investigation being run by Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) is political.

But McConnell said that he doesn’t “tell my committee chairman what to investigate” and defended Johnson, who chairs the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

“Senator Johnson’s very responsible, not inclined to be overly partisan on everything that comes along. He’s been trying, as he indicated, to kind of quietly look at this for some time before Biden’s comeback … which made him more likely the nominee,” McConnell said.

“If you become the front-runner you come under a lot of scrutiny, from the press, from both sides. Joe has been around a long time, he knows that this sort of thing will be looked at when you become the likely nominee of your party,” McConnell added.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.