McConnell says he'll be in 'total coordination' with White House on impeachment trial strategy

Source: The Hill | December 12, 2019 | Jordain Carney

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is pledging that he’ll be in “total coordination” with the White House as he plots the GOP strategy for an impeachment trial.

McConnell, during an interview with Fox News, repeatedly pledged that he will be in sync with White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, with whom he met privately on Thursday.

“Everything I do during this I’m coordinating with the White House counsel. There will be no difference between the president’s position and our position as to how to handle this,” McConnell told Fox News on Thursday night.

McConnell added that he’ll be in “total coordination with the White House counsel’s office and the people who are representing the president in the well of the Senate.”

Pressed about the potential for witnesses during a Senate, McConnell demurred saying he would coordinate with Trump’s lawyers.

…….

“I’m going to take my cues from the president’s lawyers. But yes, if you know you have the votes, you’ve listened to the arguments on both sides and believe the case is so slim, so weak that you have the votes to end it, that might be what the president’s lawyers would prefer,” McConnell added during the interview with Sean Hannity.

……..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #34131

Consistent #34132

Consistent #34134

Consistent #34135

Consistent #34138

Consistent #34143

Consistent #34154

Consistent #34155

Consistent #34161

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.