Melania Trump has not reached out to Jill Biden about transition: CNN

Source: The Hill | November 10, 2020 | John Bowden

First lady Melania Trump’s team has reportedly not reached out to incoming first lady Jill Biden about the transition for the East Wing or Executive Residence of the White House.

A source familiar with the first lady’s schedule told CNN that few changes have taken place in terms of the daily work of East Wing staff, while another unnamed source told the network that Melania Trump’s team has not spoken with Jill Biden since the election.

“It’s my understanding that it’s business as usual in the East Wing,” the first source told CNN.

……..

Anita McBride, former chief of staff to Laura Bush, indicated to CNN that the delay would likely end when the president has finally conceded.

“I’m not sure it’s fair for anyone to expect them to start transitioning when the President has not yet conceded,” she said.

“If the President concedes, I’m sure the East Wing will be gracious and professional to the incoming administration, that’s just how they work,” added a source familiar with Melania Trump’s decision-making.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.