Melania's policy director leaves the White House

Source: Politico | August 3, 2018 | Daniel Lippman and Andrew Restuccia

The first lady has taken steps to develop her personal portfolio in recent months, including launching her ‘Be Best’ anti-bullying initiative.

After just six months on the job, first lady Melania Trump’s top policy aide has left the White House, according to multiple people familiar with the matter.

Reagan Hedlund, a 28-year-old former executive assistant at the National Security Council who recently helped the first lady launch the “Be Best” anti-bullying initiative, departed last week, leaving already-skeletal East Wing staff even smaller.

Hedlund, who went by Reagan Thompson until she took her husband’s last name after their April wedding, told POLITICO that she plans to work on foreign policy issues. She declined to provide more details.

“I am very grateful to the first lady for the opportunity to help launch her policy initiative,” Hedlund said. “It was a rare opportunity to contribute at such a high level. It was a difficult decision to leave. However I have decided to return to my roots in the foreign policy world.”

Melania Trump’s staff, which is smaller than some other former first ladies‘ offices, is tight-knit and has a reputation for avoiding leaks. Multiple West Wing aides and others close to President Donald Trump’s administration said they either hadn’t heard about Hedlund’s departure or were unsure of the exact reason for it.

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.