‘Mental.’ ‘Utterly Stupid.’ ‘Trump Only Cares About Trump.’

Source: National Review | March 30, 2016 | Jim Geraghty

….

A Few Trump Fans Suddenly See the Man They’ve Been Defending

Something odd is going on among Trump’s most ardent defenders. Start with Ann Coulter in this podcast interview with Breitbart.com’s Milo Yiannopoulos.

….

Then Newt Gingrich and Sean Hannity:

….

Now look at Stephanie Cegielski, formerly the communications director of the Make America Great Again Super PAC:

….

Trump supporters, no one should let you off of that bandwagon now. You should be handcuffed to that Titanic you volunteered to crew.

Donald Trump didn’t suddenly change in the past few days, weeks or months. He’s the same guy he always was, the same guy that most of us in the conservative movement and GOP have been staunchly opposing for the past year. He didn’t abruptly become reckless, obnoxious, ill-informed, erratic, hot-tempered, pathologically dishonest, narcissistic, crude and catastrophically unqualified for the presidency overnight. He’s always been that guy, and you denied it and ignored it and hand-waved it away and made excuses every step of the way because you were convinced that you were so much smarter than the rest of us. You were so certain that you had received some superior wavelength giving you special insight into the Donald; only you could tell that it was all an act. Only you could grasp that his constant courting of controversy was just to get attention from the media. Only you could instinctively sense that his style would play brilliantly in the general election and win over working-class Democrats. (SPOILER ALERT: It isn’t.) You insisted that you could “coach him.”

……

Technically we’re supposed to welcome previous Trump fans-turned-foes with open arms. But barring some miraculous comeback by Ted Cruz, the Trump campaign will have cost the Republican Party the presidency after eight years of Obama, and perhaps the Senate and even the House – and Scalia’s replacement on the Court as well. Years of effort spent attempting to dispel the accusations of inherent Republican misogyny, xenophobia, hypocrisy, ignorance and blind rage have been undone by Trump’s campaign. And every Trump advocate in front of a camera had a hand in this.

We’re not just gonna hug it out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #3477

Will you ever trust them again?

Victoria #3489

I have written, “Trump only cares about himself”, many, many, times. The Trumpcult thinks he cares about them, as in “loving” them. How many times have we heard Trump say, “I love you”, “I love Iowa” (and he lost Iowa, does he still love them?), “I love uneducated people”. He throws “love” around and he means none of it. He loves the votes he gets, not the people who voted.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.