Michael Cohen reports to prison after Trump hush-money plea

Source: The Hill | May 6, 2019 | Jordan Fabian

Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former longtime attorney and fixer, was set to begin serving a three-year prison sentence on Monday for crimes including campaign-finance violations during Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.

“There still remains much to be told and I look forward to the day that I can share the truth,” Cohen told reporters outside a New York City hotel before traveling to the Federal Correctional Institution, Otisville, located roughly 70 miles outside of the Big Apple.

The 53-year-old took a dig at Trump, the man he fiercely defended for years, saying he hopes that after he is released that “the country will be in a place without xenophobia, injustice and lies at the helm of our country.”

Monday capped off a rapid fall for the former attorney, who was once a top official at Trump’s private business and played a key role in the former real estate mogul’s entry to politics.

Cohen pleaded guilty in November to lying to Congress about his efforts to help build a Trump Tower in Moscow during the 2016 and breaking campaign-finance laws by facilitating hush-money payments to two women who accused Trump of having extramarital affairs with them.

Cohen said in federal court he made the payments “at the direction” of then-candidate Trump in order to silence former Playboy model Karen McDougal and adult-film actress Stormy Daniels.

He also confessed to a slew of financial crimes that were unrelated to his work for Trump.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #29295

Consistent #29296

EVERYDAY #29300

Well, this is what happens when you tie yourself to a crook. Of course, it seems no one had to force Cohen to do wrong. He could do it without Trump. I’d like to believe that after having been caught and now imprisoned and disbarred, Cohen will someday achieve redemption.

ConservativeGranny #29305

What’s holding him back from telling the truth now? Probably waiting for a book deal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.