Michael Reagan on Trump: I'd be 'breaking his thumbs' over wiretapping tweets

Source: Washington Examiner | March 6, 2017 | Al Weaver

Michael Reagan, the eldest son of former President Ronald Reagan, said Monday that if he were a member of President Trump’s staff, he would be “breaking his thumbs” over his Saturday tweets alleging that the Obama administration wiretapped Trump Tower.

Reagan said in an interview Monday that Trump should have held back and not made the allegations, which led to the White House call for a Congressional investigation into the allegations. He also ripped into the president for not giving his staff a heads up about the tweets, which has helped shift focus from his speech before Congress last Tuesday to his claims.

….

“Unless Donald Trump has rock solid evidence, he doesn’t need to be tweeting these things out,” Reagan said. “By the way, he should also be telling his staff he’s going to be tweeting things of this nature out. If I was a member of his staff right now, I’d be breaking his thumbs. That’s what I would be doing to stop him from tweeting behind our backs with things that are in fact going to change the narrative of what’s going on.”

“Look at last week — it was a great week for him on Tuesday when he spoke to a joint session of Congress. Everything was going his way. Everything was positive, and he changed the narrative with his tweets,” Reagan continued.

“It was absolutely stupid politically, and I’m sure his staff is trying to figure out what in the world do we do to stop him from using those thumbs at 6 a.m. in the morning, any morning that’s going to change a positive narrative for this administration,” Reagan added.

…..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.