MS officials warn against using ivermectin for COVID-19 amid spike in poisonings

Source: The Hill | August 20, 2021 | Lexi Lonas

Mississippi officials warn against using ivermectin for COVID-19 amid spike in poisonings

Mississippi health officials are warning residents against using ivermectin, a horse dewormer medication, to treat COVID-19 infections at home amid a spike in poisoning calls to the Mississippi Poison Control Center.

The Mississippi Department of Health sent a letter out to to the MS Health Alert Network on Friday warning health professionals of the spike in poisonings from individuals digesting ivermectin. 

“At least 70% of the recent calls have been related to ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers,” the letter stated.

Only one person was told to seek further help due to the amount of the ivermectin ingested and 85 percent of callers had mild symptoms.

Some of the symptoms individuals can experience are rash, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, neurologic disorders, and sometimes severe hepatitis.

There have been no hospitalizations reported to the department yet from someone ingesting ivermectin to cure the coronavirus.

……..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #50073

Consistent #50075

Consistent #50076

Consistent #50079

EVERYDAY #50082

The logic escapes me. These people will forego a free vaccine that is effective against COVID in favor of a drug they have to pay for that doesn’t work on COVID, not indicated for humans and could in fact kill them.

Consistent #50085

Consistent #50086

ConservativeGranny #50087

An unvaccinated friend who won’t get the vaccine because she is afraid of side effects and doesn’t believe COVID is serious said her doctor told her she could take Ivermectin. I told her if it was a cure for COVID why were hospitals not using it to save people’s lives? She said it was a big pharma conspiraracy. Her husband gets all his information from FOX and she gets her news and info via Facebook. A year ago she told me that COVID was just a hoax. I asked her how we got the entire world to go along with it including our enemies. She was quiet for a minute and then just moved on to the next jaw-dropping theory.
    I hope she has an awakening soon as I don’t want to lose a friend that I’ve had for over 40 years to this disease.

Consistent #50107

Consistent #50162

Consistent #50176

Consistent #50183

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.