MSNBC ratings top Fox News for first time in 18 years

Source: Politico | December 27, 2018 | Eli Okun

MSNBC’s viewership last week propelled the network to its first No. 1 cable news network “sales day” rating in 18 years, NBCUniversal announced.

The network averaged 1.56 million total viewers between 6 a.m. and 2 a.m. in the Dec. 17-21 business week — ahead of Fox News’ 1.54 million and CNN’s 975,000.

It was the first time in three presidencies that MSNBC topped Fox News on that metric. The most recent week MSNBC beat Fox News there was Nov. 6, 2000, when former President George W. Bush was first elected.

MSNBC also beat Fox News in the crucial demographic of 25- to 54-year-olds last week — for the first time since Oct. 8, 2001, the network said, citing Nielsen data.

……..

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #27035

EVERYDAY #27037

Could it be that viewers are tired of the pro-Trump propaganda network and are looking for alternatives?

Not that MSNBC is a reliable source of news, but maybe people are tired of the rah-rah-rah at Fox. MSNBC and the other networks are not going to paint a rosy picture of Trump and his impact on all of us.

ConservativeGranny #27038

That would be my guess. Their constant brainwashing works though. There are quite a few elderly people whom I know that have FOX on 24/7 and they believe everything they hear. In fact, unless they hear it on FOX they don’t believe it.

EVERYDAY #27041

This old lady can’t watch any of these yapping channels. So glad I rid myself of cable news channels when I switched from a more expensive cable package to a cheaper one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.