MSNBC's Brzezinski: ‘I can’t go forward’ with book deal unless Weinstein resigns

Source: The Hill | October 7, 2017 | Jesse Byrnes

MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski is calling for film producer Harvey Weinstein to go on a “long, self-imposed exile,” saying she is refusing to proceed on a book deal unless he steps down from his companies in the wake of sexual harassment allegations.

“Harvey Weinstein needs to resign from his companies, face his sickness, and go into a long, self-imposed exile,” Brezinski wrote in a tweet Saturday, linking to a New York Times story titled, “Harvey Weinstein’s Media Enablers.”

“Authors, actors, and moviemakers should not work for any Weinstein company until he resigns. Not a close call,” the liberal “Morning Joe” co-host continued.

“I have a three-book deal with Weinstein Books, through Hachette. I can’t go forward with those books unless Harvey resigns,” Brzezinski added.

Democratic lawmakers have rushed to distance themselves from the veteran Hollywood producer after a bombshell Times report this week revealed allegations that the Democratic mega-donor had spent decades sexually harassing women he worked with.

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.