Mueller indictment appears to make reference to Roger Stone

Source: The Hill | July 13, 2018 | Jacqueline Thomsen

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s indictment of Russian military officers in the 2016 hacking of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) appears to make reference to former informal Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone.

The longtime GOP strategist acknowledged to CNN that messages included in the latest indictments match ones that he previously released relating to the hacker Guccifer 2.0, but he denied that he is the person referred to in the indictment “because I wasn’t in regular contact with members of the Trump campaign.”

Stone told The Hill in a text that his “24 word exchange with someone on Twitter claiming to be Guccifer 2.0 is benign based on its content context and timing,” adding that he said the same during his testimony before the House Intelligence Committee last year.

“This exchange is entirely public and provides no evidence of collaboration or collusion with Guccifer 2.0 or anyone else in the alleged hacking of the DNC emails, as well as taking place many weeks after the events described in today’s indictment,” he continued.

The indictment released Friday refers to “a person who was in regular contact with senior members of the presidential campaign of Donald J. Trump” who was contacted by the Russian officers under the guise of the hacker Guccifer 2.0.

The document cites messages where Guccifer 2.0 wrote to the individual “please tell me if i can help u anyhow . . . it would be a great pleasure to me” and “what do u think of the info on the turnout model for the democrats entire presidential campaign.”

The individual replied to the last message, “Pretty standard.”

Those messages match up with Twitter direct messages exchanged between Stone and Guccifer 2.0. Stone last year posted screenshots of the messages.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.