Musk fires back after criticism of gender pronouns tweet about Fauci

Source: The Hill | December 12, 2022 | Zach Schonfeld

Twitter CEO Elon Musk fired back on Sunday night after facing backlash for tweeting that his pronouns are “Prosecute/Fauci” earlier in the day, a reference to chief White House adviser Anthony Fauci.

“Elon, please don’t mock and promote hate toward already marginalized and at-risk-of-violence members of the #LGBTQ+ community,” astronaut Scott Kelly, the twin brother of Sen. Mark Kelly (D-Ariz.), responded to Musk’s tweet. “They are real people with real feelings. Furthermore, Dr Fauci is a dedicated public servant whose sole motivation was saving lives.”

“I strongly disagree,” Musk replied. “Forcing your pronouns upon others when they didn’t ask, and implicitly ostracizing those who don’t, is neither good nor kind to anyone. As for Fauci, he lied to Congress and funded gain-of-function research that killed millions of people. Not awesome imo.”

……..

Musk’s Sunday evening tweet is the latest attack against the nation’s top infectious diseases doctor, who plans to step down from his government roles later this month.

The newly minted Twitter CEO also previewed plans to release files from the company’s internal systems showing how the social media platform grappled with pandemic-related decisions, dubbed the “Twitter Files.”

Musk at times has sparred with Fauci and other infectious diseases experts, calling concern over the coronavirus “dumb” in the early days of the pandemic and ending Twitter’s policies about COVID-19 misinformation once he took over the company.

He later shared a meme on Sunday showing Fauci telling President Biden, “Just one more lockdown, my king.” 

“The woke mind virus is either defeated or nothing else matters,” Musk tweeted on Monday morning.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #56838

Consistent #56843

Consistent #56844

Consistent #56845

Consistent #56846

Consistent #56847

Consistent #56848

Consistent #56849

Consistent #56853

EVERYDAY #56854

I suspect Musk is pulling this *bleep* to appeal to the Trumpies. He’s turning Twitter into another haven for magas and assorted nutcases.

Someone told me about a new social media site called Post News. It seems to be a more civilized alternative to Twitter. The site pledges not to allow crazies like magas and conspiracy loons into its membership. I started using it today and so far, so good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.