Musk says he’d reverse Trump’s Twitter ban

Source: The Hill | May 10, 2022 | Chris Mills Rodrigo

Elon Musk said Tuesday that he will reverse former President Trump’s ban from Twitter if his acquisition of the platform is completed.

“I think it was a morally bad decision to be clear and foolish in the extreme,” said Musk, the CEO of Tesla, while speaking at the Financial Times’s “Future of the Car” event.

“I do think it was not correct to ban Donald Trump. I think that was a mistake,” he added. “It alienated a large part of the country and did not ultimately result in Donald Trump not having a voice.”

Twitter permanently banned Trump shortly after the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the Capitol, saying that the then-president’s posts on the platform could encourage more violence.

……..

Musk’s deal to purchase Twitter may take several months to complete, given that shareholders still have to accept the proposal to buy their shares at $54.20. The deal could also be held up by a reported Federal Trade Commission probe.

In the interim, the company’s current leadership has said they will continue to run it as they were before the proposed acquisition.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.