My Take on Cruz's Decision

Source: | 9.29.16 | vanity
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #10344

We were away, with only my Samsung android phone as internet. I could read only, not reply or email. When it was hinted that Cruz was seriously considering an endorsement of Trump, my heart sank. I agreed with Steve Deace that Cruz would feel that he was forgiving Trump, letting go of the “grudge”, which normally would be the real Christian thing to do. However, Trump did not apologize, making this a fool’s errand, making Cruz look like he was joining the unprincipled others.

When we arrived back home yesterday, I emailed Cruz. I told him straight out what I thought and that he likely had just ended any chance of a run in 2020. I told him that one thing that I felt he lacked, in spite of his brilliance and intelligence, was discernment. I didn’t say this, as it would be wrong to say anything about his father unless I told him myself, but he gets is from his father. His father’s regrettable comments that Cruz was God’s anointed for this election was outright wrong and having heard it and listened to the audio, I knew right then, that barring a miracle, Cruz would NOT get it. It was a Huckabee/Bauer type error. God could’ve brought the nomination to Cruz, but once it was said the way it was, it was bragging, forcing God to do your will, not His.

Ted has been given excellent advice from Steve Deace, but Cruz has not had the discernment to see what was the best, and every time it hurt him. Hopefully he’ll fire those advisors who hounded him death to support Trump. Maybe it won’t even matter. I still like Cruz. In his mind, I think he felt he was doing the honorable thing. Had Trump apologized, he’d have needed to. He had no need to and it has hurt him.

We still need him in the Senate, so I’ll continue to support him. However, I will be much more mindful, and I will constantly email him when I see problems. I told him I hoped he’d come over to the new party being launched in early 2017. I don’t know if he will.

I am over the disappointment by now and the lesson is this: we cannot be a cult that follows a man. We had become that. God intervened, I think, to show us that there is NO POLITICAL solution for America. If you have not been listening to the Stevedeaceshow, YOU MUST! These past few days have been awesome. There is a lot to do, but we must join forces with the younger generations that have never known the America you and I grew up in. They just see it as s LOT of work to be done. They were not here to see the slide into perdition. We need to NOT sit back and coach from the sides, but start listening, get up and start being salt and light in this culture.

God has opened the door for me to witness to 2 inmates at the prison I work in (I’m an RN)! Who knows if there is any chance they’ll change, but then again, it is the job of the HS to work in their hearts and to lead them to Truth. I planted the seeds. Both times were at the end of long (13-14 hr), otherwise horrific days! I have a lot of reason to not care for these guys, other than the fact that they are also God’s creations, created in His image, but have gotten totally lost in this world. But I left at peace, feeling really charged up! No complaints! God is good!

Let’s put our faith to better use than to pray for our own wills to be done. If we pray for God’s will to be done, I think we’ll have some opportunities to “snatch some from the fire”. I am looking at this as a wake-up call from God to stop putting our trust in men. Cruz is still a very good man. Not perfect, but a great leader still. Let’s pray that God uses him significantly in turning America around, even from where he is now. And, we have a part in this, so let’s not become sullen and cynical, but start looking for where we can serve God in these last days, and as I told the prisoners, “finish well”.

I plan to finish well. I’ve made enough mistakes that I shudder to stand before God, except for the fact that our sin is covered by Jesus’ blood! Praise God! I’ve had a hard time to share my faith before, but now I have found a new courage to walk through the open doors God gives me. I encourage you to do the same. Let’s aim to finish well. Let’s encourage one another to righteous deeds, to “snatch some from the fire” and to finish well, to hear from our Heavenly Father, “Well done thou good and faithful servant!”.

I love you all…God bless you all.

Shery

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

ConservativeGranny #10345

Thank you Shery for your thoughtful words. I agree. While Ted Cruz is a good man he is still just a man. It’s important to remember.

slhancock1948 #10375

God warns us to not allow a seed of bitterness to start to grow in our heart. We will always be disappointed by men, even the best of them. Cruz is still one of the best of them. He does not deserve to be dumped altogether. Let’s see what he does from now on. We are not perfect, and it is easy to be judges from our own aspect, not knowing the particulars. I am angry at the advisors who pushed him so hard that he felt that he had no recourse. THESE are evil men. He should not have joined them, but when some stand up and say you will do this or I’ll make sure you will never win again, one has to weigh the reality of the threat. Most of us do not live in TX where we could actually vote for Cruz. I commented to Steve Deace about Jim DeMint and his hypocrisy. He who levered such intense pressure. I quit following DeMint when he kept saying that Harry Reid was not our problem, that he was his good friend and we needed to quit thinking of Harry Reid as the enemy. That was it for me with Jim DeMint. He has once again caused a good man to compromise. Shame on DeMint.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.