Netanyahu notes 'long & warm personal relationship' with Biden in congratulatory tweet

Source: The Hill | November 8, 2020 | Zack Budryk

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu became the latest world leader to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden, hailing their relationship in a tweet Sunday.

“Congratulations @JoeBiden and @KamalaHarris,” Netanyahu tweeted. “Joe, we’ve had a long & warm personal relationship for nearly 40 years, and I know you as a great friend of Israel. I look forward to working with both of you to further strengthen the special alliance between the U.S. and Israel.”

Netanyahu, one of the world leaders most closely aligned with President Trump, also thanked the incumbent president “for the friendship you have shown the state of Israel and me personally, for recognizing Jerusalem and the Golan, for standing up to Iran, for the historic peace accords and for bringing the American-Israeli alliance to unprecedented heights.”

……..

The prime minister congratulated Biden several hours after numerous other world leaders, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and French President Emanuel Macron.

Dani Dayan, the former Israeli consul to New York, said Netanyahu’s delay was likely an attempt to avoid alienating Trump before he leaves office in January.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.