New British PM kills climate change agency

Source: Washington Examiner | July 15, 2016 | Kyle Feldscher

The new British government eliminated the nation’s climate change agency this week.

British Prime Minister Theresa May decided to get rid of the Department of Energy and Climate Change and turn its duties over to the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the BBC reported Thursday.

While many environmentalists were alarmed by the decision, the head of Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy sought to assure Britons that climate change remained on the government’s agenda.

“I am thrilled to have been appointed to lead this new department charged with delivering a comprehensive industrial strategy, leading government’s relationship with business, furthering our world-class science base, delivering affordable, clean energy and tackling climate change,” Greg Clark said, according to the BBC.

….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8047

ConstitutionalConservative #8074

Maybe she is not Cameron 2.0 as has been said, getting rid of Dept of Energy and Climate Change is a big deal and excellent good start. Now is the time for her to make history and restore sanity to the once Great Britain.
    Lets hope this is not a limited gesture and see if she keeps it up, cracks down on islamists and set the pace for the rest of the civilized world… obama must be fuming and will no doubt will soon begin frothing at the mouth.

CA Surveyor #8083

This is very misleading!

Climate propaganda has been moved to a larger agency, and given a larger budget.

She is an ultra-leftist.

ConstitutionalConservative #8099

She is an ultra-leftist.

Thanks for pointing that out CA, I should of known it too good to be true, apparently I was so taken by the headline I read what I wanted to see, although after reading again I have to wonder if I read it at all the first time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.