Newt Gingrich Tells ‘Fox and Friends’ Hosts That They ‘Invented’ Donald Trump

Source: The Blaze | February 22, 2016 | Tré Goins-Phillips

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) accused the hosts of Fox News’ “Fox & Friends” of creating the successful candidacy of Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump during an interview Monday morning.

….

“Donald Trump gets up in the morning, tweets to the entire planet at no cost, picks up the phone, calls you, has a great conversation for about eight minutes, which would have cost him a ton in commercial money, and meanwhile his opponents are all out there trying to raise the money to run an ad,” Gingrich said.

….

Gingrich’s comments came after show hosts Brian Kilmeade and Steve Doocy marveled at the fact that the billionaire businessman has spent very little money on his campaign.

“Well, that’s because of you guys,” Gingrich insisted.

…..

“Look, you could say that Trump is the candidate ‘Fox & Friends’ invented,” Gingrich said. “He was on your show I think more than any other show.”

<script type=”text/javascript” src=”http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4767345582001&w=650&h=366″></script>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #1466
    Consistent #1468

I would like to add Rush Limbaugh on this list also.

slhancock1948 #1469

THANK YOU, Newt Gingrich! This is exactly how it is, and I posted that all over FR in the early days of Trump’s campaign, but it fell on deaf ears.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

ConservativeGranny #1500

Mark Levin, as much as I love him, has to share some of the blame as well. For quite awhile he was also a Trump fan and stopped listening to his show every night it became so irritating to me. I no longer listen to Rush at all. Didn’t renew my 24/7 membership either.

I’m glad it seems that Mark has come to realize that he may have made a mistake helping Trump. But it’s a bit late now. Damage is done.

silver pines #1504

ConservativeGranny, I agree. I give Mark credit for pushing Cruz now and for telling the truth about Trump, but I don’t understand why on earth it took him so long to figure out what was apparent to the rest of us.

I haven’t watched Fox and Friends in a long time. I heard that Steve Doocy is a huge Trump fan…anyone know if that’s true?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.