Newt on Mooch: He Makes Trump Happy

Source: RedState | July 30, 2017 | Susan Wright

Hey, evangelicals! Anthony Scaramucci speaks Trump’s language!

At least, this is the message former House Speaker, current Trump loyalist Newt Gingrich had this morning.

I believe Gingrich is so worn out from all the spin he’s done to defend Trump that he can’t keep his thoughts straight from one day to the next.

After Scaramucci’s vile tirade against Reince Priebus and Steve Bannon was made public through a New Yorker magazine interview, Gingrich accused him of being “full of himself,” as well as talking more than thinking.

It’s all good today, however, so I’m guessing the administration brought out the whips and got Newt back on message.

That being said, the message is hardly comforting, and in fact, is a sad reminder of how evangelicals who supported Trump really hit rock bottom.

Said Gingrich:

“President Trump is a New Yorker. He and Scaramucci sort of speak the same language,” Gingrich told John Catsimatidis in a pre-recorded interview on AM970 in New York City that aired Sunday. “And this way he has somebody that makes him kind of comfortable that he’s getting taken care of.”

“Scaramucci is an entrepreneur. He’s aggressive. Trump wants somebody willing to mix it up with the news media, get in the middle of the fight, try to get things done,” Gingrich said.

“I think that Trump is probably very happy with him right now and I think that’s good for Trump himself because part of the reason Trump gets so aggressive is he feels like nobody is defending him and he’s gotta go out and do it all himself,” he continued.

…….

And reports are that Trump was quite pleased with the outburst. Gingrich’s comments seem to confirm that.

“Scaramucci is a natural fighter. He likes being in the media, he likes being seen, and I think he’s having a good time, and I think all of that comes together in a way that is very positive,” Gingrich said.

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.