Nightmarish Lines Continue At Airport Security Checkpoints

Source: CBS Chicago | May 16, 2016 |

CHICAGO (CBS) — Travelers flying out of Chicago just can’t catch a break. With increasingly long lines to get through security at the city’s airports, many travelers have been missing their flights, and some ended up sleeping at O’Hare International Airport on Sunday.

American Airlines put out cots for fewer than 100 travelers who missed their flights Sunday night due to the long lines at TSA security checkpoints.

Adrian Petra said he missed his flight after standing in line for 2 hours and 20 minutes.

The TSA has been urging passengers to get to the airport at least two hours early for domestic flights, and three hours early for international flights. However, some passengers have said that is not enough time to get through security and still make their flight.

American Airlines said some 4,000 passengers have missed flights at O’Hare since February because of the long wait times.

The TSA has blamed the long waits at security on a shortage of screeners, due to federal budget cuts. The agency also has said airlines are seeing record travel volume, meaning more passengers in lines.

…..

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6233

EVERYDAY #6235

This is ridiculous. Having to be at the airport 3 hours ahead of time is just not acceptable. Leave it to the federal government to muck up what was once a pleasurable experience.

Worst thing is that all this security really does little to make us safe. In fact, I once saw an interview with a former TSA official who said all these measures aren’t meant to make us safe, but rather, to make us peasants FEEL safe.

I for one don’t feel SAFE with all this security. I just feel ANNOYED.

ConservativeGranny #6244

I heard some of the same complaints from someone who flew during Mother’s Day weekend. I have a feeling that the lack of money is not the problem. Perhaps there has been another threat to our nation’s security and they are actually looking for something. Seems fishy.

I’ve flown once in my life. It was the last time. I’d rather drive anywhere I have to go. I feel sorry for people who have to fly for their work. It has to be miserable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.