No One Will Admit It But Never-Trump Conservatives Are Now Officially Vindicated

Source: Mediaite | April 15, 2017 | John Ziegler

I’m very capable of changing into anything I want to change to.”

–Donald J. Trump, February 10, 2016

Of all the statements that caused me to be one of the few conservatives to never give in to the temptation of selling out to the “Republican” presidential candidacy of a liberal conman who was uniquely unqualified for the job, this one has always stood out. As most people intrinsically understand, the devil you know is usually better than the one you don’t. I have always seen Donald Trump as fitting into the latter category.

It has been obvious for quite a while that Trump was never going to being able, or even willing, to fulfill most of his often insanely unrealistic campaign promises. It was also clear that he was very likely to move to the left, just as Arnold Schwarzenegger did here in California if things didn’t immediately work out for him politically.

Now, even after all the back-wrenching flip-flops of his fledging administration, the changes have come at an accelerated pace in past few days. Trump has altered his entire persona as if he is a man in the midst of a mid-life crisis. Like Madonna or Lady Gaga, he has suddenly reinvented himself into an almost completely new character, without even a hint of concern for what he consistently promised previous to taking office.

The campaign version of Donald Trump is officially dead. Having catastrophically crashed against the jagged rocks of reality, not even 100 days into his presidency, Trump is clearly abandoning his original ship and setting a new course in a vastly different direction.

……

On top of all of this, the man who ran of a platform of “America First” and who routinely mocked an interventionist foreign policy, specifically in Syria, has instigated immediate military action in… Syria, apparently at the behest of his… daughter. He has also gotten credit (dubiously) for dropping a huge bomb on Afghanistan and has been rattling his saber with regard to North Korea.

Oh, and apparently Russia is now our enemy again and we even seem to be bragging about how horrible relations with them suddenly are.  Of course, that all does seem a bit like a man going out of his way to distance himself from his mistress once he realized that his wife was getting too suspicious.

…..

Part of why Trump is so “capable of changing into anything” is that he believes in absolutely nothing except what he thinks is good for him at that moment. So, while some in the media have given him credit for some sort of instant maturation or recognition of the realities of governance, I see him simply adapting via his finely-honed survival instincts.

It seems clear that he had no idea what he was infor with regard to how impossible it is to get things done in Washington. As a guy who has been a dictator most of his business career, he was very poorly suited for this job. The healthcare debacle made him realize this and he quickly, somewhat to his credit, turned exclusively to things over which a president has almost complete control.

…..

Obviously, since that won’t be known for quite some time, this isn’t the reason that this week was a vindication for the “Never Trumpers.” That happened because we warned the Trump cult that he would never be able to deliver what he promised and that he would change in unpredictable and potentially very unsatisfactory ways if he was ever somehow elected.

We now know that we were indeed right. The Trump who got elected didn’t even last 100 days. Now we will all find out which form this chameleon takes on next and how many more transformations there will be between now and the end of his time in office. You can be pretty sure that this one won’t be the last.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #15118

Consistent #15119

ConservativeGranny #15120

His supporters just seem to change with him.

EVERYDAY #15121

Am I supposed to be happy that I was right about the lying snake oil salesman?

Sorry, but I’m not. We are all going to have to suffer through four years of this con man.

And his grifter family.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by EVERYDAY.
    EVERYDAY #15123

@Granny:

Trump’s cult will continue to make excuses for him and call us “haters.”

Maybe when one of their children perishes during a war started by Trump to salve his inflated ego will their eyes finally be opened.

slhancock1948 #15137

Still proud to be a Never-Trump-er!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.