Officer describes mob during Capitol siege: 'Kill him with his own gun'

Source: The Hill | January 15, 2021 | Jordan Williams

D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone described what he encountered when he engaged the mob that sieged the U.S. Capitol last Wednesday, saying he heard someone screaming to “kill him” with his own gun.

Fanone was one of several officers who spoke to CNN in interviews shared by the network Thursday. He described what it was like to go up against the mob that day, saying he was stripped of his gear, his spare ammunition, had his police radio ripped off his chest and had his badge stolen.

“Some guys started getting a hold of my gun and they were screaming out, ‘Kill him with his own gun,’ ” Fanone said.

Fanone, a narcotic detective, told CNN that he raced to the Capitol with his partners to help officers who were being pushed back by rioters. At one point, he said he thought about using deadly force because he was overpowered by the mob but decided against it, thinking he would be overpowered again.

“So, the other option I thought of was to try to appeal to somebody’s humanity. And I just remember yelling out that I have kids. And it seemed to work,” he told the news outlet.

He said a group within the rioters protected him until help arrived. Of that group, Fanone said, “Thank you … but f— you for being there.”

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #46503

Consistent #46504

Consistent #46516

EVERYDAY #46517

And there are Republicans who think there should be no impeachment trial, that we should forgive and forget what happened, come together, blah blah blah.

Sorry guys You supported this insurrection. Some even encouraged the actions that killed and injured so many through inflammatory rhetoric and lies about the election. You all own what happened on January 6 and some are still encouraging the violence to come on Inauguration Day. I for one will not unite with terrorists and seditionists.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.