OK Win for Cruz Reveals a Lot About the Race with Trump

Source: The Conservative Paper | 2 Mar. 2016 | Steven Deace

The quiet big story tonight going forward is Oklahoma, because it’s the first big delegate state that is a CLOSED PRIMARY. Meaning the waves of independent and Democrat cross-over voters that have elevated Trump so many other places are not available to him.

So only Republicans can vote and what happens? TRUMP LOSES, and he loses despite the fact Rubio still placed a strong third there further splintering the non-Trump vote.

Here’s another reason that’s big — most of the contests going forward are also CLOSED CONTESTS….

Conclusion: Trump can be beaten if the resources are spent to expose him, and Rubio’s wing of the party unites behind Cruz in time to win more of these closed contests….

Note: Prior to today, only Iowa and Nevada had closed primaries.

Update (1:00 AM PST): Ted Cruz has won Alaska which is also a closed primary.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #1930

“Update (1:00 AM PST): Ted Cruz has won Alaska which is also a closed primary.”

This is a satisfying win! Alaska! Nice slap down to Palin for supporting Trump instead of a true conservative, a godly man, and someone we know will stand FOR the people, not his own advantage. Before going to sleep last night I asked God for Ted to win there, especially because of Palin’s Trump endorsement. It would be such sweet irony! Thank you, Lord!

I am grateful for Ted winning 3 of these! That shows that Trump is not invincible. I hope further revelations about Trump come out. Now is the time. I pray that Rubio starts running out of money…and Carson, as well.

Even though Rubio won MN, it was great to see that Trump came in 3rd, behind Cruz!

Thanks, Steven Deace! Before IA, I had only heard of your name. Now, having read a lot of your articles on CR, I find you to be one of our best writers for our day. I love that you are clearly a Christian and a warrior for the faith! Your intuition and insight are very right on!

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Consistent. Reason: Excerpted the article and fixed the spelling

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

slhancock1948 #1931

Sorry, I meant Cruz…wish there was an edit button for posting the article.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.