Omar calls out Boebert over ‘anti-Muslim’ remarks, denies Capitol incident…

Source: The Hill | November 25, 2021 | Caroline Vakil

Omar calls out Boebert over ‘anti-Muslim’ remarks, denies Capitol incident took place

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) slammed Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) over “anti-Muslim” remarks she made in a viral video and denied the veracity of an incident Boebert said took place at the Capitol.

“Anti-Muslim bigotry isn’t funny & shouldn’t be normalized. Congress can’t be a place where hateful and dangerous Muslims tropes get no condemnation,” Omar said on Twitter on Thursday evening.

……..

In the video, shared by a Twitter account called PatriotTakes, Boebert recounted an incident she said took place with Omar.

“So the other night on the House floor was not my first jihad squad moment. So I was getting into an elevator with one of my staffers. And he and I are – we’re leaving the Capitol. We’re going back to my office and we get in the elevator, and I see a Capitol Police officer running hurriedly to the elevator,” Boebert said in the video.

“I see fret all over his face, and he’s reaching… The door’s shutting, like I can’t – I can’t open it – like, what’s happening? I look to my left, and there she is. Ilhan Omar. I said, ‘Well she doesn’t have a backpack, we should be fine,’” she said as the audience in the video could be heard laughing.

……..

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.