Painting of Trump with past GOP presidents hung up in White House

Source: The Hill | October 15, 2018 | Emily Birnbaum

A camera shot from President Trump’s interview with CBS’s “60 Minutes” reveals the president decorated the White House with a well-known painting of himself drinking with past GOP presidents.

The painting, “The Republican Club” by Andy Thomas, depicts Trump sharing a drink with former Republican presidents, including Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and Abraham Lincoln. 

Some on social media mocked the painting for being “kitschy” or “tacky.”

The Daily Beast on Monday reported that Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) gave the print to Trump.

“[Trump] had actually given a me real gracious call to tell me how much he liked it,” Thomas told The Daily Beast. “He was very complimentary. He made a comment that he’d seen a lot of paintings of himself and he rarely liked them.”

Thomas told the outlet it was a challenge to paint Trump because of his skin tone and smile.   

The artist added his presidential paintings are “bipartisan.” He also painted a portrait of Democratic presidents playing pool. 

“I challenge people to look at the paintings and see if they can figure it out,” he said.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.