Palin: Cruz’s Trump snub ‘career-ending’

Source: The Hill | July 21, 2016 | Mark Hensch

Former Gov. Sarah Palin (R-Alaska) says Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) has no political future after refusing to endorse Donald Trump.

“Cruz’s broken pledge to support the will of the people tonight was one of those career-ending ‘read my lips’ moments,” she said late Wednesday in a statement to Breitbart News.

“I guarantee American voters took notice and felt more unsettling confirmation as to why we don’t much like typical politicians, because they campaign one way but act another way,” the GOP’s 2008 vice presidential nominee added.

“That kind of political status quo has got to go because it has got us into the mess we’re in with America’s bankrupt budgets and ramped up security threats.”

Palin said Cruz’s decision not to back Trump reconfirms voters’ fears that politicians’ promises do not matter.

“It’s commonplace for politicians to disbelieve their word is their bond, as evidenced by Cruz breaking his promise to endorse his party’s nominee, evidently thinking whilst on the convention stage, ‘at this point, what difference does it make?’” said Palin, who has endorsed Trump.

“We’ve been burned so horribly by that attitude that voters won’t reward politicians pulling that ‘what difference does it make?’ stunt again. Politicians will see — it makes all the difference in the world to us.”

….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8408

EVERYDAY #8411

Phony conservative Sarah: I have news for you. Your own political career is officially dead now that you’ve become a Trump shill. You will never be elected to office again. You lost the conservatives who voted for you and you won’t get them back. And trust me, no one else likes you.

ConservativeGranny #8423

She threw her only supporters under the bus. Most of the Trumpsters I know never liked her until she came out for Trump. What a hypocrite she turned out to be. She IS the typical lying politician that she accuses Cruz of being. She should look in the mirror. Her family reflects her values and it looks like she dropped the ball there as well with a couple of them.

Woodcutter #8427

Agreed – she is not the one to say when anyone’s political career has ended. Ted Cruz’s career is just getting going!

slhancock1948 #8428

I cannot say what her remarks make me feel like saying. I work in a huge prison as a nurse. I hear filthy language all day long. I never use it, but these remarks ALMOST brought it out. Sarah, just look in the mirror and then look me straight in the eye and tell me that you don’t see a whore there. I am so angry that I can hardly type!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.