Parent sues school district (WI), alleges son contracted COVID-19 from classmate

Source: The Hill | October 11, 2021 | Maureen Breslin

A Wisconsin woman is suing her son’s school district, alleging he contracted COVID-19 from a classmate, The Associated Press reported. 

Shannon Jensen filed the lawsuit against the Waukesha School District and school board in federal court on Oct. 5 and seeking an injunction ordering the district to comply with guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Jensen’s lawsuit alleges that in May, the school board removed student masking requirements and other COVID-19 restrictions and claims that one of Jensen’s son’s classmates showed coronavirus symptoms but did not wear a mask when he came to school.

Jensen’s son was seated next to the symptomatic classmate and, despite wearing a mask himself, became infected with the virus, according to the lawsuit. Later on, two of Jensen’s other children also became ill with COVID-19. 

The lawsuit is being funded by the Minocqua Brewing Company Super PAC. The company is owned by Kirk Bangstad, who has criticized the Trump administration’s handling of the pandemic. He unsuccessfully ran last year against an incumbent GOP state representative, Rob Swearingen.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #50451

ConservativeGranny #50457

Good. I was hoping that some parents would get a lawsuit started. My two granddaughters attend Waukesha schools and I was very upset by their COVID policy but not surprised. It’s a very pro-Trump area and the parents at the school board meetings have been very anti mask. I’ve been very worried about my granddaughters. I just do not understand people any more. It is beyond any logic. And then when you offer up your own children’s health to a political agenda well they really have lost me there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.