Parkland survivor Kyle Kashuv: March for Our Lives meant to be anti-Republican

Source: Washington Examiner | March 24, 2018 | Anna Giaritelli

Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School student Kyle Kashuv said the March for Our Lives in Washington, D.C., Saturday was meant to be “anti-Republican.”

“I saw this [march] as extremely anti-GOP,” Kashuv told Fox News after attending the event. “One of the biggest causes of this march is to be anti-Republican.”

The high school junior took issue with remarks by fellow student David Hogg, a leading voice of the “Never Again” movement, who told the D.C. crowd that Republican lawmakers should get their resumes ready because they will be voted out.

Kashuv, a junior, said Hogg was engaging in “egregious and inflammatory” rhetoric.

“Guns aren’t the issue. It’s everything surrounding acquiring a weapon,” Kashuv said. “I talked to so many marchers and they don’t have a clear-cut solution. And it pains me not to see the government being held accountable for their failures. I don’t see anyone blaming Sheriff Scott Israel for failing to do what he was supposed to do.”

Kashuv also criticized the dozens of teenagers who addressed hundreds of thousands of attendees for not calling into question other government failures that led to the Feb. 14 shooting in Parkland, Fla.

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.