Parscale urges Trump to run again as a 'martyr'

Source: Politico | February 6, 2021 | Ben Leonard

“If they only impeached you twice, you need to run again. Because to change the system you have to kick it in the a#$,” Trump’s former campaign manager wrote.

Brad Parscale is calling on former President Donald Trump to run again, saying multiple impeachments can work in his onetime boss’ favor.

“If they only impeached you twice, you need to run again. Because to change the system you have to kick it in the a#$,” Trump’s former campaign manager wrote in a tweet Saturday addressed to the now Twitter-less Trump. “I would love to be [sic] the only President to be impeached three times. Because history remembers those that didn’t conform. I’m in, are you?”

Parscale also gave Trump advice on strategy in a subsequent tweet.

“If Trump asked me how to win again. I would run on being impeached twice. They are about to give him super powers,” Parscale wrote. “They are about to make him a martyr.”

After losing in November, Trump told allies that he was running in 2024, but that was before the Capitol insurrection he spurred on led to his unprecedented second impeachment and clouded his political future.

Support among Republicans and GOP-leaning independents for a Trump 2024 GOP primary bid dipped from 53 percent in November to 40 percent as of mid-January, according to POLITICO/Morning Consult polls.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.