Pence: Trump ‘decided to be part of the problem’ on Jan. 6

Source: The Hill | November 14, 2022 | Zach Schonfeld

Former Vice President Mike Pence said in a new interview that former President Trump’s tweet during the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot attacking Pence was “reckless.”

“It angered me,” Pence told ABC’s David Muir. “But I turned to my daughter who was standing nearby, and I said, ‘It doesn’t take courage to break the law, it takes courage to uphold the law.’ ”

“And the president’s words were reckless. It’s clear he decided to be part of the problem,” Pence added.

Pence’s remark came after Muir read Trump’s 2:24 p.m. tweet on Jan. 6 as rioters were storming the Capitol, with some threatening Pence. The tweet began, “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution.”

……..

The former vice president is participating in a range of media appearances ahead of the release of his new memoir, “So Help Me God,” on Tuesday.

The full ABC interview will air later Monday. Pence will also join CNN’s Jake Tapper on Wednesday evening for a televised town hall and sit down with CBS’s Margaret Brennan for an interview that airs on “Face the Nation” this Sunday.

The memoir’s release comes the same day as Trump is scheduled to hold a “special announcement” at his Mar-a-Lago property in Florida, which is widely expected to launch Trump’s rumored 2024 White House bid.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.