Peter Navarro blasts Fauci in op-ed

Source: Politico | July 14, 2020 | Matthew Choi

President Donald Trump’s trade adviser says the health expert has been “wrong about everything I have interacted with him on.”

Peter Navarro, President Donald Trump‘s top trade adviser, blasted Dr. Anthony Fauci on Tuesday, claiming that the nation’s top infectious disease expert and the public face of the White House‘s coronavirus response has been consistently wrong while advising on how to contain the disease.

In a brief op-ed published in USA Today, Navarro said: “Dr. Anthony Fauci has a good bedside manner with the public, but he has been wrong about everything I have interacted with him on.“

“So when you ask me whether I listen to Dr. Fauci’s advice, my answer is: only with skepticism and caution,“ Navarro wrote.

Navarro said Fauci pushed back on a travel ban on foreign citizens coming from China and repeatedly changed his mind on the wearing of masks in public. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had initially advised against wearing masks in public unless sick or caring for the sick, before later advising all members of the public to wear face coverings.

Navarro‘s op-ed was a particularly overt rebuke from a member of an administration that has shown signs of growing discontent with Fauci. Fauci, meanwhile, has strong support among the public and lawmakers from both parties.

…….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.