Pfizer CEO says Trump told him vaccine 'will help me' with election

Source: The Hill | April 6, 2021 | Joseph Choi

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla says in an interview set to run Friday that former President Trump told him before last year’s election that a coronavirus vaccine could help his chances.

On clips from “The Carlos Watson Show” provided in advance exclusively to The Hill, Bourla says that Trump would call to encourage him to get the vaccine out quickly, but emphasized that “he never pressed me to do something that would be inappropriate with a vaccine.” 

“In the few times that he was telling me that we need to do it fast — first he would say, ‘We need to do it quickly; people are dying,’ and then also he would add, ‘Of course it will help me also in the election, but people is the important thing.’”

The head of Pfizer, whose vaccine against COVID-19 became the first approved for use in the U.S. in December, acknowledged that he too wanted to get the vaccine out as soon as possible, but said that he made it clear to both Trump and now-President Biden’s campaign that the development would “move with the speed of science.”

“The important thing for me was the pressure of the billions of people that suddenly had invested their entire hopes on us, and we had to deliver,” Bourla said.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #48295

EVERYDAY #48298

That’s all Trump cared about last year — re-election. But his failure to truly lead during this pandemic — ignoring the virus, practically calling it a hoax or a conspiracy by Democrats or someone, refusal to listen to Dr. Fauci and experts in infectious diseases, hiring his own “experts” like Scott Atlas to promote a potentially deadly version of herd immunity, promoting bogus treatments and cures — resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands. and that failure caused or contributed to his defeat last November.

Of course, he would never acknowledge the cause and effect. He’s going to continue to promote the “stolen election lie” because it makes money for him.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.