Political Cesspool Host James Edwards Reports From Inside Donald Trump’s Press P

Source: The Political Cesspool | 02 Mar, 2016 | James Edwards
Category: Inspirational

I attended a Donald Trump rally in Memphis on Saturday night as a fully credentialed member of the media and enjoyed the unique experience of being able to air a live broadcast of The Political Cesspool Radio Program from inside the press pen while the event was in full swing. (Next Saturday’s show [March 5] will feature a previously taped 20-minute interview with Donald Trump, Jr.) It was a very memorable day and I’d now like to take my audience behind the scenes. 

After receiving my credentials from the campaign I was instructed to get there early for set-up and to go through security. At approximately 1:30 PM I arrived at the Millington Regional Airport, where the rally was to be held inside one of the hangars. There was already a long line of supporters waiting to gain entry even though I was on-scene nearly five hours before Trump ascended to the podium. With rock music blaring and people tailgating in the parking lot it felt very much like a college football atmosphere. There were plenty of vendors hawking Trump merchandise but the most impressive display was a concession stand offering the “Make America Great Again Trump Burger.” Naturally, this monster featured 100% American beef and 100% American cheese. Other items being offered included the “Ted Cruz Burger” (which featured Canadian Bacon), Bernie Sanders Pork Nachos, and Hillary Clinton SOFT drinks – that had been scrubbed clean.

I was fortunate to be able to bypass the crowd and long line by parking in a VIP area designated for members of the press, which was located directly behind the hangar. When I got out of my car I almost immediately ran into Trump beat reporter Katy Tur of NBC News. Katy first became known to me a couple of months ago after watching an interview she did with Trump. I must say though that she comes across as having an overall pleasant personality on television and she was most certainly a sweetheart when we talked. Interestingly, she is the former girlfriend of Keith Olbermann, who once referred to me as “the worst person in the world” on his unimpressive and now thankfully canceled television show.

Katy
Katy Tur

The time seemed to pass quickly. After picking up my press badge and clearing Secret Service it felt as though the crowd was already starting to gather inside the venue. My co-hosts, Keith Alexander and Eddie “The Bombardier” Miller, were already waiting for me by the time I stepped foot inside the hangar. The three of us, along with a TPC correspondent, brainstormed for a few minutes and developed an outline for our radio broadcast that night. As the crowd continued to build it was nearing time to go to work.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #1957

Interesting…

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.