Pro-Trump pundit permanently suspended from Twitter

Source: The Hill | August 15, 2020 | Marty Johnson

Conservative pundit Bill Mitchell has been permanently suspended from Twitter, the social media platform confirmed to The Hill on Saturday.

“[Mitchell] has been permanently suspended for violating the Twitter Rules by using one account to evade the suspension of another account,” a Twitter spokesperson said in an email.

Mitchell confirmed the suspension in a post on the social media app Parler, though he asserted he was booted from Twitter over his stance on wearing a mask amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“Twitter just suspended me for opposing masks. Who knows if I’ll ever be back,” Mitchell said. “I’m sure their decision wasn’t political at all.”

Mitchell, the host of the YouTube program “YourVoice America,” is a vocal supporter of President Trump and has repeatedly garnered attention for pushing far-right QAnon conspiracy theories.

Several of Trump’s closest advisers had followed Mitchell on Twitter, including White House counselor Kellyanne Conway and the president’s two adult sons, Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.