Prosecutors issue subpoenas for information on Giuliani's consulting work: report

Source: The Hill | November 25, 2019 | Zack Budryk

Prosecutors have issued subpoenas to figures with ties to Rudy Giuliani, President Trump’s personal lawyer, seeking information on his consulting firm Giuliani Partners, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The subpoenas also seek information on a company co-founded by Lev Parnas, a recently-arrested associate of Giuliani’s, that paid Giuliani for legal and business advice, the Journal reported on Monday.

The subpoenas, as described by the newspaper, listed numerous potential charges under consideration including obstruction of justice, conspiracy to defraud the United States, making false statements to the federal government and money laundering.

They also seek materials relating to pro-Trump groups America First Action and America First Policies. America First Action. Kelly Sadler, a spokewoman for the groups, said they have reached out to the Manhattan U.S. Attorney’s office and offered their cooperation, and said neither was issued a subpoena.

Giuliani told the WSJ he had not been contacted by federal investigators.

“All they have to do is come and ask me,” he told the newspaper. “There’s obviously a concerted effort to spread as many lies about me as possible, to destroy my reputation so that I’m not credible when I continue to reveal all of the massive evidence of criminality by the Bidens,” he said.

…….

Parnas asked at least two recipients of subpoenas to invest in his fraud insurance firm, Fraud Guarantee, according to the Journal.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.