Queen Elizabeth II condemns Manchester terror attack

Source: Washington Examiner | May 23, 2017 | Meghana Kurup

Queen Elizabeth II on Tuesday expressed her “deepest sympathy” to the victims of the deadly terrorist attack in Manchester, England, on Monday.

“I know I speak for everyone in expressing my deepest sympathy to all who have been affected by this dreadful event and especially to the families and friends of those who have died or were injured,” the queen said in a statement.

The queen thanked the members of emergency services “who have responded with such professionalism and care.” She added, “And I would like to express my admiration for the way the people of Manchester have responded, with humanity and compassion, to this act of barbarity.” The terrorist attack killed 22 people and injured hundreds after a bomb blast at an Ariana Grande concert.

The Islamic State claimed in a statement, “a soldier of the Khilafah managed to place explosive devices in the midst of the gatherings of the Crusaders in the British city of Manchester.”

The Greater Manchester Police said the attacker was carrying an improvised explosive device. The attacker died on the scene.

……

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.