Reagan's Son Urges Indiana to Vote for Ted Cruz

Source: Newsmax | May 2, 2016 |

Late Monday Michael Reagan tweeted out an urgent message to conservatives: “If I lived in Indiana I would vote for Ted Cruz on Tuesday to beat Trump.”

Reagan, the eldest son of President Ronald Reagan, has been a dedicated conservative and commentator continuing his father’s legacy of championing limited government, strong family values and a strong national defense.

Recently, Reagan has said his late father would be “appalled” by Trump.

And, he has taken umbrage that Trump has compared his conversion to conservatism to Ronald Reagan’s.

Declaring that “Trump Is No Reagan Republican,” Reagan wrote in an op-ed earlier this year that the billionaire developer “has been stealing my dad for his own purposes.” Trump frequently invokes Ronald Reagan’s name to defend his sudden, 180-degree switch from being a life-long, pro-Clinton Democrat to a Reagan Republican.

“Both men did make a switch, but almost all the similarities between the two end there,” Reagan continued.

“In fact, Trump still can’t explain his sudden change from being a liberal Democrat. When dad ran in 1980, Trump donated the maximum amount to Jimmy Carter. As The Wall Street Journal reported, Trump also donated to a PAC for Walter Mondale, who ran against dad in 1984. Trump has criticized some candidates for their indiscretions made during their childhood.

“But what can you say for a grown adult who supported both Carter and Mondale over Ronald Reagan?”

Reagan questions whether Trump is a conservative at all.

…..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.