Regardless of Who Wins in November, a Conservative Third Party is Necessary

Source: RedState | August 12, 2016 | JD Rucker

….

In times like these, there’s a tendency to want to give up. We lost. Trump/Clinton vanquished their threats from every angle in manners that should be considered fair and square when we consider the utterly corrupt sources. Now, conservatives are stuck with accepting the worst “Republican” nominee in history or allowing the worst Democrat in history to ascend to her version of manifest destiny. The will to fight is fading.

Then again, we’re conservatives. We’re patriots. Most importantly, we’re Americans. That potent combination of traits means one thing: we never give up. When you’re done rending your garments and crying yourself to sleep, it’s time to dust yourself off and get to work. Now more than ever, we need to form a movement that evolves into a new conservative party. The days of saving the GOP from itself are behind us. The temptation to fix things from within the Republican party must be pushed aside as the pipe dream that it is.

…..

Now, we’re seeing a different dynamic. Regardless of who wins, the GOP will no longer be a party of conservatism, at least not the way that actual conservatives define it. Instead, the big government “Establishment” will retain its control of the party whether through Trump or through Paul Ryan. Plugging in Carly Fiorina at the RNC won’t fix it. Helping the Freedom Caucus expand cannot affect change to the degree that is necessary. The GOP has left us. They have co-opted conservatism, layered it in with big spending Republicanism and pseudo-conservative populism, and moved closer to the middle than it’s been in six decades. The Democrats are moving to the far left. The Republicans are right-leaning at best. There is now, for the first time in over a century, room for a third party.

Here are some key points to consider.

Vote Your Conscience

….

It doesn’t matter how you feel about the top of the ticket. This new movement and party will not be able to affect that election. We’re focused down-ballot for 2016 and 2018 as we build momentum to support a conservative for President in 2020. This year, as with every year, it’s important to vote your conscience.

Clinton Will Likely Win and the GOP Will Snap Back to “Sanity”

….

If Trump is able to pull out a victory, it will be even worse. There’s no question that he’s already hurting the party and will continue to do so if he wins. There’s very little question about how badly he’ll do as President. The only real question is whether he’ll kill the GOP or America first.

Either way, conservatism and America’s future can no longer rely on the GOP to do the right thing. We need a new party that rises meteorically and focuses on the solutions to our problems as they pop up. Over the next four years, big problems are going to pop up. Asking the GOP to fix them is no longer practical.

The Other Third Parties Need Rejuvenation

There are many fans of third parties here on RedState. I get it. I’ve looked closely at Johnson, Darrel Castle, Evan McMullin, and even some of the smaller party candidates. This election year gives us no viable options. This is still a two-party system and for better of for worse the other parties haven’t been able to ascend after all these years. That’s not to say that they are no good. They simply need a better strategy.

….

Today, we have two things going for us: technology and anger. The technology exists to spread the message and build a grassroots movement that can spread virally through social media. The anger exists and will be sustained after the election because the two-party system yielded a contest between Mr. Armageddon Candidate vs. Mrs. Apocalypse Candidate. With funding, infrastructure, and a modern expansion strategy, we can build a conservative movement that can transform into a full-blown third party once the movement reaches a tipping point.

….

Working it Backwards

There are three pieces to the strategy that we want to try, all three of which are backwards compared to the normal party philosophies. First, we want to include the media in a leadership role rather than as reporting bystanders. We’ve seen strong politicians rise from the ranks of the media; Mike Pence is a good example. To reach the tipping point that we need will require direct participation from a policy perspective from conservative media types like Mark Levin, Ben Shapiro, the writers at publications like RedState and the National Review, and others who study this stuff for a living.

Second, we need to build a party that retains membership in the GOP in certain states. With the primary system the way it is, we’ll be most effective if we’re not a jealous party. The Conservative party in New York is an example of one that loses power by maintaining strict party affiliation. By being in a state that has closed primaries, they’re forced to keep membership low. Conservatives need to participate in the GOP primaries… for now. We will accept party membership without official declaration to the election boards.

Third, we will build the platform from the bottom up rather than the top down. The current systems have the party platforms decided upon by committees at the top. That platform as a whole is then delivered for an up or down vote to delegates. This is the right system in an age without the Internet. but today we can do it better. Party members who have been active for a certain period of time will get platform votes. The platform will be decided upon piece-by-piece, giving party members the ability to state their cases through the party’s website about why they believe background checks for gun purchases are a bad idea, for example. Options will be given for a policy “range” so we can have a binding document for candidates we either run directly or otherwise support.

…..

A Movement that Becomes a Party

At The New Americana, we’re laying the groundwork for a new conservative party to become a reality. We’ve accumulated thousands of people ready to get involved. We need more. The movement is starting. A new party will form from it when the time is right. We have to start now, though. Waiting for the results of the election will not change the direction needed to save the country. Now’s not the time to fret. It’s the time to fight.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #9198

slhancock1948 #9208

Count me in. I’ve been saying this for years, although still willing to try to change the party from within, if possible. They let us know in no uncertain terms that they will NOT allow that, so it is time to pull up and form a new party. You’d think the Constitution party would be a real possibility, but that leader is a conspiracy nut and weirdo. How do people like this get into parties that should stand for integrity and truth?

The libertarians, I looked into years ago, but there is little difference between them and the CPUSA on way too many issues! I was SHOCKED!

The conservative party looks to be anything but and is run by weirdos, as well. None of these are viable, but they have already coopted names one might’ve wanted to use. So, we best look for something else.

The only hope for the RNC would be if Carly Florina was able to take the helm there. But, I doubt the elites will allow that. I’m for her, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think it will come to pass. She’s a great messenger. She’s articulate and strong. I think she’s do well and turn some things back to the old party ways, if allowed to become the chair, but that is a BIG if.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

ConstitutionalConservative #9210

I’ve been saying for a long time there needs to be a New Party, one that is in no way aligned with the other third parties out there. I also said Ted Cruz needs to be at the forefront of the formation of that party. That may not be such a good idea to be involved in its formation, I’m not sure, but he needs at a minimum join the new party and run his campaign in that party.
    I think he should run his next Senate campaign in the new party, now is the time.
    If Cruz stays with the republicans he will not win in 2020 and they will fight him hard in his 2018 Senate race. In theory the republican party is dead but in practice it is still alive, kicking and spitting venomous blood, the only way to bury the bully is to have a new kid on the block to beat it to death.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.