Religious liberty group taps homeschool advocate as CEO

Source: World | January 10, 2017 | Mary Reichard

Religious Liberty | Michael Farris, founder of Patrick Henry College, to lead Alliance Defending Freedom

Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), a legal and advocacy organization promoting religious liberty, announced today that Michael Farris will serve as its new CEO. Farris founded the Home School Legal Defense Association and Patrick Henry College, where he served as president and then chancellor. He also is the father of 10 and the grandfather of 19. Farris takes over for CEO Alan Sears, who will remain with ADF in a different role. I spoke with Farris about his new job and the future of ADF.

Why this change of leadership at ADF now? [Alan Sears] had a growing burden for certain aspects of leadership that he was able to do at ADF: building alliances, growing the ministry, meeting people who would become ministry friends and support the growth of the organization. The more he was called into that sector, the more he realized he couldn’t really run the organization on a day-to-day basis, … so he asked the board to allow him to transition to this new role. They began a search for someone who would become the person who ran the organization day-to-day and yet would be willing to work and partner with Alan in a very effective ministry.

…..

Are you worried about hostile movements in American culture against religious liberty? It’s the reason I took the job. I wouldn’t have done this but for the fact that I am very concerned about the state of our nation and the repudiation of some very fundamental American principles.

….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.