‘Render to God and Trump’: Ralph Reed calls for 2020 obedience to Trump

Source: Politico | October 9, 2019 | Gabby Orr

An upcoming book by the Faith and Freedom Coalition founder will argue evangelicals have a duty to defend the incumbent GOP leader.

One of Donald Trump’s most prominent Christian supporters will argue in a book due out before the 2020 general election that American evangelicals “have a moral obligation to enthusiastically back” the president.

The book’s author, Faith and Freedom Coalition founder Ralph Reed, became a loyal foot soldier for Trump immediately after he nabbed the Republican presidential nomination in 2016 — commanding hordes of white evangelical voters from his perch on the candidate’s religious advisory board to trust that the New York businessman would grow the economy, defend religious freedom and dismantle federal protections for abortion, if elected.

According to the book’s description, obtained by POLITICO, the original title for the book was “Render to God and Trump,” a reference to the well-known biblical verse, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s.” The message from Jesus in Matthew 22, has been used in contemporary politics to justify obedience to government — or in the case of Reed’s book, to Trump.

Regnery Publishing confirmed the book’s existence but said the title is “For God and Country: The Christian case for Trump.” The publisher declined to comment on the reason for the title change.

In his book, Reed will “persuasively” argue evangelicals have a duty to defend the incumbent Republican leader against “the stridently anti-Christian, anti-Semitic, and pro-abortion agenda of the progressive left,” according to the description.

He will also rebut claims by religious and nonreligious critics that white evangelical Protestants “revealed themselves to be political prostitutes and hypocrites” by overwhelmingly backing Trump, a twice-divorced, admitted philanderer, in 2016.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #32254

Consistent #32260

EVERYDAY #32271

Laughed so hard at John Schindler’s comment, I percolated my drinking water through my nose.

But seriously, I’m appalled by how many so-called men of God have thrown over the real Lord for this spawn of Satan and made him their god instead. And they want their God fearing flocks to do the same.

I think if I were a follower of Ralph Reed, I would tell him where he could put his call for obedience to Trump.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.