Report: Trump considering ousting Priebus, Bannon

Source: The Hill | April 7, 2017 | Max Greenwood

President Trump is considering ousting both White House chief of staff Reince Priebus and chief strategist Stephen Bannon, Axios reported on Friday.

Aides and advisers to the president told Axios that, while Trump is considering a major shakeup in the West Wing, it’s not clear when it would happen or if Trump will “pull that trigger.”

“Things are happening, but it’s very unclear the president’s willing to pull that trigger,” one top aide said.

Bannon emerged as one of Trump’s closest — and most controversial — aides before the president took office. In the early days of his presidency, Trump elevated Bannon to a position on the National Security Council’s (NSC) principals committee, and the former Breitbart executive was said to hold considerable influence with the president.

But Bannon was removed from the NSC earlier this week, seen by many White House staffers as a sign of his fall from grace inside the administration. The reshuffling of the NSC came as Bannon, a self-described “economic nationalist,” finds himself locked in a battle with Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, for influence.

Bannon and Priebus represent divergent forces in the Trump administration, with the latter, a former Republican National Committee chairman, serving as the voice of the political establishment in a White House full of political neophytes.

……

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #14973

EVERYDAY #14980

I was reading a bio of Henry VIII. Henry had numerous courtiers fawning all over him, and many were rewarded with positions of power and great wealth. But Henry was paranoid. One day, you could be on top of the world. The next day your head would literally be on the chopping block. Most likely, you wouldn’t see your fall from grace coming.

Trump’s “court” is much the same. You can be in favor one minute and out the next. Anyone who aligns him/herself with King Donnie runs the risk of being ruined.

I hope these two have updated their resumes. They will need them soon.

And if they are let go, I won’t be sorry. Both of them deserve what they get.

ConservativeGranny #14984

I won’t shed any tears either.

Isn’t Trump still behind with hiring people? And how many has he fired already? Very unstable administration run by a very unstable man.

EVERYDAY #14992

Yup. Unstable. Just like Henry VIII.

As far as hiring goes, Trump doesn’t need more people. He can just give the duties to a member of his family.

slhancock1948 #14993

So many I know…good Christians, are still oblivious to Trump’s ways. They expect miracles from him, literally! There is a day of reckoning coming when many will be totally blown away by their own stupidity, but I wonder that they will see it coming in time to repent of it. They hold him almost in savior status. That is the worst part of it.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.