Republican Governor Says Of Trump: He Cannot Run This Admin Like A TV Show

Source: RedState | February 16, 2017 | Susan Wright

I’ve actually said this myself, quite a few times.

Trump’s experience is as a showman and a reality TV huckster. He’s about as out of his element as he can be, but the post turtle is there, and now we have to figure out how to deal with him.

On Thursday, Maine’s Republican Governor Paul LePage had a bit of advice for the president:

“We’ve got to tell him that the TV show’s over and that he’s gotta move on now,” LePage said on Newsradio WGAN, as first reported by CNN.

LePage apparently feels that the rumors of internal conflict within Trump’s Cabinet may be due to a bit of prompting from Trump, himself.

“I think he does promote some competition,” he said of Trump, the former host of NBC’s “The Apprentice” competition reality show. “He brings that business aspect to it.”

“In [Trump’s] case, too much competition,” LePage added. “Everybody’s fighting to be that No. 1 person. You’re going to have a lot of slip-ups.”

“If you allow too many people at the top, you break down the communications. Everything’s got to flow through your key people, and if it doesn’t do that, you’re going to have enormous problems.”

And he’s got a good point. Competition in the business world can be a good thing, but in a government, there can’t be room for ego, with so many pressing issues that need to have all hands on deck.

…..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.