Rio 2016: top American Olympic shooter Kim Rhode attacks gun control laws

Source: The Guardian | August 4, 2016 | Les Carpenter

The triple gold medallist says new laws passed in her home state of California make it more difficult for her to practise

America’s top Olympic shooter, Kim Rhode, took a strong stand against gun control laws, offering full support for carrying concealed weapons and attacking gun legislation in her home state of California.

“I’m definitely becoming more vocal because I see the need,” said Rhode, a skeet shooter going for a medal in her sixth straight Olympics. “We just had six laws that were passed in California that will directly affect me. For example, one of them being an ammunition law. I shoot 500 to 1,000 rounds a day, having to do a background check every time I purchase ammo or when I bring ammo out for a competition or a match – those are very, very challenging for me.”

Rhode is referring to a new set of gun control measures, one of which requires a background check for ammunition purchases, in the same way that background checks are required for guns in the state – but there doesn’t appear to be any limit on the amount of ammunition that can be purchased at once. Nor does there appear to be any requirement for a background check when ammunition is brought to a competition or match, according to the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #9112

ConservativeGranny #9117

Rhode is referring to a new set of gun control measures, one of which requires a background check for ammunition purchases, in the same way that background checks are required for guns in the state

Trying to find out who has guns not registered? Tricky little devils aren’t they?

Wouldn’t be surprised if the lefties try to get shooting events removed from the Olympics because it promotes violence.

Oh, and good for her for speaking out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.